November 7, 2010

First stitches...

We had our first facial laceration worthy of stitches on Saturday. C.J. was building a dog run in the back yard and I was doing random house chores, laundry, dishes etc. etc... Jackson has a lovely cough and was still in his jammies at this point. When the kid has and kind of cold meds he is off the wall bonkers. Of course I'm bickering with him most of the morning about "resting" so he can feel better... That to a four year old means nothing. I walk out of the living room and my foot doesn't even clear the baby gate when I hear the distinct noise... His head and the coffee table, the table won for sure. He didn't cry, he said "Oh man that one hurt". He removes his hand from his head and the blood is gushing, he is then hysterical. So off to the ER we go....

Fresh wound...


He stopped crying long enough to fake a smile... I think this picture is hilarious.


In the ER with numbing cream, waiting to be sewn up...
Check out the boots C.J. Grabbed in a panic, They were a hit!


At first I didn't think it was too bad... But it took 5 stitches that aren't disolveable... BOO!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Kade's took one stitch underneath because it was so deep and 10 on the outside. And no...they were not dissolvable either!

Janel said...

That's crazy! how was it when they took them out? I'm dreading it....